Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility


Arnett Hills JMI is a community school.

Hertfordshire County Council are responsible for admissions for our school. In order to apply for a place, parents need to apply on line at

For information on the admission rules for community schools for under 11s please follow the link below.

Schools admissions information

How to apply online

Below is an explanation of admissions for pupils with special educational needs or disabilities

All schools in Hertfordshire can cater for children with a wide range of needs, whether those needs are to do with learning, behaviour or a disability. Children who have special educational needs but don’t have a statement of special educational needs or an Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan should apply for a school place in the usual way. Children with a statement or an EHC plan that names a specific school are allocated school places through a separate process. You can apply as usual for a mainstream primary, junior or middle school place but your application will be handled by your SEN officer in the local special needs team. You will not get an allocation letter and allocation information will not be available online. If your child is starting school this year (a Reception place at an infant, first or primary school), discuss the process with your child’s named SEN officer. If your child is already at an infant or first school, your child’s SEN officer will have considered all the information received with your child’s statutory assessment or most recent annual review. You will have already received a final statement or EHC plan based on that information. When the statement or EHC plan was issued, you’ll have had an opportunity to tell your SEN officer of your preferred school for September. At the start of the autumn term your SEN officer will have sent you an amendment notice. This will show you the changes that need to be made to your child’s statement or EHC plan before your child starts or moves school. During the autumn term, your SEN officer will consult with your preferred school and send them a copy of your child’s EHC plan or statement. The headteacher has 15 days to respond. Following this, your SEN officer will finalise your child’s statement or EHC plan and name a school in section 1 of the EHC plan or part 4 of the statement. You should get this document before the end of the autumn term, in advance of the legal deadline which is 15 February in the year your child transfers school. If you have any questions about this, please contact your child’s SEN officer. Hertfordshire’s Local Offer – Our “local offer” shows the services, groups and information available for parents and carers of children and young people aged 0-25 with special educational needs or disabilities (SEND).

 Making an in-year admission. Please follow the  link below.

In year admission

Changing schools without moving home

Join us for an Open Day